gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Issue with GPSD always returning the same lat long

From: sauclair
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Issue with GPSD always returning the same lat long
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:03:29 -0400

Greetings !

Don’t know where to ask for this…

I am using gpsd with a C++ application I made. It run on RaspberryPi and Raspbian Debian Linux.

I am currently doing my tests without moving the receiver. (globalsat bu-353s4)

The problem is that I get what seems to be good coordinates but I do gps_rec.read every 500msec and always get the exact same coordinates !

If I restart my application, I get a new set of coordinates with the slight variation we can always expect… but again, each 500msecs, that new coordinate is always exactly the same.

I use the C++ code sample provided here. (http://www.catb.org/gpsd/client-howto.html#_c_examples_2)

While my application still runs, I start XGPS or CGPS and see normal variation of my location.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong ?

I bet that if I take entire setup with me and drive around the building I’ll always get the same coordinates as if I never left the building !

Thanks !