gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Urgent: Need a fix for this weird GPSD behaviour...

From: sauclair
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Urgent: Need a fix for this weird GPSD behaviour...
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:31:35 -0400

Hello Gary,

Thanks for replying...

The code was in the email itself !

And I don't understand what you mean by "... Don't try to rewrite the gpsd
library..."... our application is client of gpsd... not the other way around !
Anyway so "gpsmm.waiting()" MUST be used ?... Not using this call is right now
the only difference between our code and the C++ samples provided here:
http://www.catb.org/gpsd/client-howto.html#_c_examples_2

Would using .data() or some other function do the trick ?... If we have to use
"gpsmm.waiting()" then the code would freeze the UI and RF communication loops
so I would need to isolate the GPSD related functions in a separated thread...
I might not have enough time to make this modifications before our
presentation....Can you explain to me why we're having this weird offset
behaviour and XGPS or CGPS doesn't ?

Is there a buffer involved in the read() function I would not manage on
consider properly ?
When I call read(), I expect the "current" location, not the one where I was 5
minutes ago !

Sébastien Auclair
Retia Technologies
(581) 305-2574