gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Bug in JSON encoding AIVDM type 9 messages

From: Jon Schlueter
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Bug in JSON encoding AIVDM type 9 messages
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 22:25:07 -0400

after banging on these changes a bit more I came up with 3 patches that have been applied to trunk.

more comments inline

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 9:44 PM, Jon Schlueter <address@hidden> wrote:
Stefan Roels,

Can I get a couple of data samples for the following cases.

Type 8, DAC = 1 FID = 11: airtemp, dewpoint and watertemp calculations go wrong due to unsigned ints.

We seem to be missing any data samples that exercises this data path.

Patch wrangled into shape in a different but should be equivalent way but missing any sample data for regression testing

https://github.com/yazug/gpsd/commit/f1e39c0c30f4085b3e5e8a488e93af8a69b5f48f

- Type 8, DAC = 1 FID = 16: This should only be decoded as "Persons on board" if the message length is either 72 or 136 bits long (if even then).
- Type 8, DAC = 1 FID = 16: If decoded, the json output should use the ais->type8.dac1fid16.persons field and not the type6 field

We seem to be missing any data samples that exercises the persons on board data flow It would be nice to make sure we don't regress backwards with other changes to the parser or storage logic.

Patch wrangled into shape that takes the changes in but missing any sample data for regression testing

https://github.com/yazug/gpsd/commit/bc450ee1e006267f092e4ef8e0a26b288741be98

- Type 9: the ais->type9.speed field should be used instead of the type1 field

We seem to be missing any data samples that exercise this test case where it fails.  I'm going to apply the patch but would like to make sure we have test cases covering this data flow if we don't already have any.

Thanks much

Jon
jschlueter on freenode #gpsd