gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:52:04 -0700

Yo Nuno!

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:20:37 +0000
Nuno Gonçalves <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does this example work as supposed?

Yes, and no.

> It looks to me "1445944686.075000047" is a single signal, and we are
> reading duplicates of it.

No, check again, your sample has zero duplicate lines.

Since the 'seen' is changing then NTP0 is being written too often.  ntpshmmon
is seeing exactly what ntpd/chronyd would see and thus those daemons would
be getting bad timestamps.

So ntpshmon is working correctly, whatever is writing to NTP0 is
broken.  Sadly people get their fingers in the gpsd SHM code and keep
breaking it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588