gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Port to QNX: PPS without SHM?

From: Norton Allen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Port to QNX: PPS without SHM?
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 10:12:01 -0500

On 1/6/2016 2:17 AM, Hal Murray wrote:
What sort of problems are you seeing with JSON?  It works fine for me.

Hal, Since I last wrote I spent a lot of time getting familiar with ntpd configuration and I was successful getting it to lock well using gpsd ng (refclock 46) and the "atomic" pps (refclock 22). However in this configuration we are seeing ntpd lock up about once a day, stuck on a mutex lock. The problem is correlated with use of the gpsd ng refclock. Have you ever encountered this sort of problem and/or do you have any strategies for tracking it down? There appear to be many many places in the ntpd codebase where mutex locks are used.

I should point out that at this point, both gpsd and ntpd have local modifications. It might make sense for me to back out my PPS mods to gpsd, for example, to see if that makes any difference. The ntpd mods so far should be just steps necessary for porting.