gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Port to QNX: PPS without SHM?

From: Norton Allen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Port to QNX: PPS without SHM?
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:32:16 -0500

On 1/6/2016 2:25 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Norton!

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 11:10:52 -0500
Norton Allen <address@hidden> wrote:

I should point out that at this point, both gpsd and ntpd have
local modifications. It might make sense for me to back out my PPS
mods to gpsd, for example, to see if that makes any difference. The
ntpd mods so far should be just steps necessary for porting
Hmm, OK, when I build without PPS support (scons minimal=yes
socket_export=yes nmea0183=yes ntp=yes), ntpd is no longer happy with
the output from gpsd. It apparently never gets any TOFF packets. When
I add my PPS code, even if I don't use it, gpsd sends TOFF packets.
Yup, we'll need a patch that includes PPS, but not NTPSHM.  That should
not be too hard to do, but I would not look at it until after we ship
3.16 this week or next.

Basically $ifdef out the parts that call shm_get, etc.

That is basically what I did, with some success. I'd be happy to send you my changes if you think they might be useful. And I totally understand your schedule priority.

It turns out I spoke too soon regarding ntpd not being happy with the gpsd output sans PPS. I'll see how long it took, but it is now locked on gpsd + PPS.