gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Port to QNX: PPS without SHM?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Port to QNX: PPS without SHM?
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 13:39:21 -0800

Yo Norton!

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:32:16 -0500
Norton Allen <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Basically $ifdef out the parts that call shm_get, etc.
>
> That is basically what I did, with some success. I'd be happy to send
> you my changes if you think they might be useful. And I totally
> understand your schedule priority.

Please do send them to me.  Ideally as git patches, but I'll take what
I can get.

> It turns out I spoke too soon regarding ntpd not being happy with the
> gpsd output sans PPS. I'll see how long it took, but it is now locked
> on gpsd + PPS.

Keep an eye on it, the gpsdd json interface is twitchy.  PPS might come
and go with the skyview and ntpd gets confused by the different precision
of the NMEA and PPS streams.  Best to also be running at least 3 network
ntp chimers at the same time.

Also spend some time on your fudges, getting them right helps convergence.
Or if you need faster convergence use chronyd.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588