gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS glitch - Venus chip

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS glitch - Venus chip
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 17:12:29 -0800

Here is a graph:
  http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/gpsd/SparkFun-PPS.png

My guess is that the number of visible satellites changes and that tweaks the
length of the GPGSV sentences to push something over the edge.

If you run out of ideas, I'll write a stand alone hack that will log both
NMEA and PPS.

> The TOFF is for the serial time, so only for course time. But clearly a bug
> as only one TOFF should be output per second.  Historically that code gets
> changes by people that do not understand it...

Eric:  This is a good example of why I get nervous when you say you want gpsd
to take over all the ntpd refclocks.  Timing is a second class citizen for
gpsd.  All that good work you put into collecting log files and replaying
them ignores time.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.