gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘NMEA_MAX

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘NMEA_MAX
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 20:02:06 -0400

Chris Kuethe <address@hidden>:
> The 86 comes from me, back in SVN r4303. I, too, have one of those
> standards-violating receivers. I think it's safe to increase the limit
> since there is a fairly robust structure detector.

I wrote that detector, and I think it is too. :-)  I certainly designed it
to be indifferent to the buffer length.

The actual maximum packet length the core library will is much, much longer
due to various ridiculously long binary packet types.

Gary, just do future hackers a favor and document why you bumped the limit.