gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘NMEA_MAX

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘NMEA_MAX
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:19:13 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 20:02:06 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I wrote that detector, and I think it is too. :-)  I certainly
> designed it to be indifferent to the buffer length.

As long as the packet is <= NMEA_MAX.  Which is good.

> The actual maximum packet length the core library will is much, much
> longer due to various ridiculously long binary packet types.

Good.

> Gary, just do future hackers a favor and document why you bumped the
> limit.

Done, and pushed.

Now that I have the basics in, I have some work to do.  The S2525F8-BD-RTK
claims cm level accuracy when used in base+rover mode.  But I have yet
to find the doc I need for that.

I am in awe that cm-level is possible real-time.

The board also puts NMEA and RTCM on different serial ports.  So I'll have
to learn how gpsd does RTCM and then get this implementation supported.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588