gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:26:15 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> Is it intentional that the lat/lon, and major/minor, do not line up
> vertically?  It looks odd.

Lat/Lon line up on my display.  Enclosing a capture of the xgps window.
Send back a screen shot of yours, it might be the extra fields
are confusing the grid-packing algorithm.  If so probably easy to fix
once rteproducible.

> > Find the library installation directory.
>
> Not one, but two.  Not sure when gpsd decided to go to /usr/lib66
> instead of /usr/local/lib64

That is the first I've ever even heard of a lib66.  Doesn't exist on
my Ubuntu.  Perhaps a Gentoo-ism?

> Seems to me that there should be some version checking in the python code
> to detecct this sort of thing?

I'll poke at that later today.