gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:25:03 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > > Also note in my xgps, I have a 3D fix with one sat.  Sure...
> > >
> > > Looks like Baidu is confusing things:
> > >
> > > $GPGSA,A,3,23,31,22,16,03,07,01,,,,,,1.6,1.1,1.2*37
> > > $BDGSA,A,3,214,,,,,,,,,,,,1.6,1.1,1.2*10
> >
> > Which regression-test load is this?
>
> Just added to git head:
>
> test/daemon/skytraqq-fixB.log
>
> > Yeah, your display does look like the packing algorithm is confused.
> > The fields should line up in two columns. Probably not hard to fix
> > if I can reproduce it.
>
> While you are in there, a bit of space in the top menu between
> FileVIewUnitsStep would also be nice.  I tried to fix that, and failed
> miserably.

OK, current state of head:

1. The packing bug is fixed.  It's what I thought it was, a result of '/'
changing meanings in Python 3 from truncating integer division to float
division.  I changed to // and all was well.

2. I'm not seeing FileVIewUnitsStep - my display has reasonable internal
spacing on those, as you can see by looking at the screenshot I sent you
easrlier. I think this is likely to be a glitch in Gtk3 itself; you might
think about upgrading your instance.

3. I'm not sure I understand the Baidu problem.  Yeah it's weird that the
BDGSA sentence is claiming 3D fix with one sat, but maybe the firmware
is mixing in pseudoranges from the GNSS birds as well.  I see lots of sats
in the skyview, so what is the actual bug here?