gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:17:31 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:25:03 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, current state of head:
>
> 1. The packing bug is fixed.  It's what I thought it was, a result of
> '/' changing meanings in Python 3 from truncating integer division to
> float division.  I changed to // and all was well.

Looks good to me now.

> 2. I'm not seeing FileVIewUnitsStep - my display has reasonable
> internal spacing on those, as you can see by looking at the
> screenshot I sent you easrlier. I think this is likely to be a glitch
> in Gtk3 itself; you might think about upgrading your instance.

I'm on Gentoo unstable, which is usually pretty up to date.  And I know
the gtk2 to gtk3 transition has a bunch of stuff flaking out.  I'm not
gonna worry about it.  Python + gtk is way out of my comfort zone.

My gtk+ is at Version 3.18.8

> 3. I'm not sure I understand the Baidu problem.  Yeah it's weird that
> the BDGSA sentence is claiming 3D fix with one sat, but maybe the
> firmware is mixing in pseudoranges from the GNSS birds as well.  I
> see lots of sats in the skyview, so what is the actual bug here?

The Skytraq NMEA is reporting that is it using several GNSS and one
Baidu bird for the 3D fix.  But the gpsd json output only shows the one
baidu bird as used. Looks like the GPGSA data is getting overwritten by
the BDGSA data.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588