gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘$GPGST busted time

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘$GPGST busted time
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:22:39 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:32:05 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> [context is "$GPZDA]
>
> > Skytraq seems to do it last.  Which makes sense ...

> I don't remember seeing a device where ZDA was useful.

Yeah, except you need it for they yyy-mm-dd

> Please let us know how it works out with your new toy.

I'm looking forward to eventually getting the claied cm level
precision, a lot to do first.

>  Best test is
> probably a scope triggered on PPS.  Watch the serial bits.  Then
> capture a batch in software to find the order so you can see where
> the ZDA is within the batch on the scope.

No need, just watching the raw output I can see ZDA is last each
seccond, after a number of other variable length sentences.  Then a pause
to the next second.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588