gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:11:26 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 08:16:48 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Fails for me.  See below.
>
> I don't know what's going on here.  Your IRC guess that you may be
> blowing past a length limit in the test harness may be right.  Won't
> be Python, as that has dynamic allocation; might be sed.
>
> If we can find out whast the real firlds in a 1097 are that would
> probably be shorter.

The length of 1097 is just 96.  There are several other messages in
the stram that long, and many a lot longer.  Some up to almost 500.

So we need a generic solution.

I see this problem on Gentoo unstable, and also on RasPi2 Wheezy.

What is different from your hosts to mine?

My Gentoo unstable is on:
        bash 4.3.42
        python 2.7.11
        sed 4.2.2
        date 8.2.5

My RasPi2 Wheezy is on:
        bash 4.2.37
        python 2.7.3
        sed 4.2.1
        date 8.13

Your account on my RasPi2 is still there: pi2.rellim.com

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588