gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Python 3 Updates

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Python 3 Updates
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 12:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 9 Apr 2016, Robert Norris wrote:

> Unfortunately the 'Adds "target Python" support to SConstruct.' commit seems
> to break scons -c (and scons --help):
>
> NameError: name 'python_config' is not defined:
>   File "/home/rob/Code/gpsd/SConstruct", line 1223:
>     python_env['CC'] = python_config['CC']
>
> So some python variables need to be available in the cleaning or helping path.

Sorry about that.  I'll come up with a fix shortly.

I guess I've gotten so used to using "git clean -dxf" to start with a
*really* clean slate that I hadn't used "scons -c in a while.  But I
should have tested it after changing SConstruct.

It's unfortunate that the configure phase is so slow and verbose that
suppressing it during cleaning or helping is quite useful, since that
leads to more inconsistencies.

Fred Wright