gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] ✘GPSD_API

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] ✘GPSD_API
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:57:42 -0700

Yo All!

I've been looking at gps.h and at these two constants:

#define GPSD_API_MAJOR_VERSION 6       /* bump on incompatible changes */
#define GPSD_API_MINOR_VERSION 1       /* bump on compatible changes */

It is not clear to me what constitutes a compatible channge and
what is an incompatible change.

For example, was the recent addition of oscillator_t osc to gps_data_t
a compatible change that should have incremented the minor rev?

I'm guessing that if I added a field to satellite_t skyview, which is in
gps_data_t, that would be an incompatible change?o

I also have some other changes that likely need to go in gpsdata_t. For
example, there are two distinct types of satellites_used and
satellites_visible.  One type is the number reported by the GPS and the
other is a could of sats seen so far in sucessive GPGSA dn GPGSV.  But
gpsdata_t has place for only one type and they keep over-wrting each
other...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588