gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Field reports from Raspberry Pi GPS HAT users?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Field reports from Raspberry Pi GPS HAT users?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:48:22 -0700

I haven't had any troubles with GPS Hat on Pi 2.  I use ntpsec direct rather
than with gpsd.

My Pi 3 just arrived today.  I haven't unpacked it yet.

address@hidden said:
> It's after working around those problems that the real bad stuff starts.
> Running "cat /dev/ttyS0" to look at the raw NMEA data yields baud barf,
> unless you catch it in the first few seconds after reboot in which case you
> get a few sentences of NMEA and then baud barf.

You might try lsof to see if anybody else has it open.

It wouldn't surprise me if the kernel handler for ttyS0 isn't fully debugged
yet.  I wonder why they changed from ttyAMA0 to ttyS0.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.