gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:11:44 +0100

From: Eric S. Raymond
[]
Gary refers to GPIO pin 4.  His "dig deeper" source is David Taylor's,
which says GPIO pin 18. Examining the traces on my Pi 3 causes me to
suspect that it uses pin 4.  Did this vary by Pi model?  If so, we
need to be quite clear about which pin it is on which Pi.

===========================

To clarify: with the Uputronics (HAB Supplies) GPS module, the PPS is on physical pin 12, named "GPIO18" of the I/O connector. This applies to both the earlier 26-pin and the current 40-pin connector.

Datasheet:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63720513/HAB%20Supplies%20Datasheets/HAB-GPSPI%2B-ASSY.pdf

Connector illustration:
 http://www.tech4noobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/RPi-GPIO-Layout.png

Only TXD and RXD are supported on the RPi.

Any corrections to my "How-To" would be appreciated, as I'm no Linux expert!
 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-quickstart.html

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu