gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.

From: Pete Nevill
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:44:31 +0100

If you are just interested in pps for time only you can use ntp without gpsd (can I say that on this thread?)

I can confirm this is very simple to set up, took me about 15 minutes to get working.

Follow this. https://darksky.io/setting-up-a-stratum-1-ntp-server-on-a-raspberry-pi.html

you need to modify some default Pi settings to disable serial console and as noted below the gps hat uses a different pin for PPS.

Also note you have to compile your own version of ntp as the one packaged for Raspbian does not have it enabled by default.

Some pretty pictures.

Pete.