gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Raspberry Pi progress

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Raspberry Pi progress
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:29:30 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 15:17:38 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Yo Eric!
> >
> > On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 10:56:57 -0400
> > "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Steps not yet done:  (1) GPSD can't yet see the PPS, (2) No
> > > instructions on configuring NTPsec yet.
> >
> > Did you try the obvious:
> >
> >     gpsd -n /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pps0
> >
> > Assuming those are your two ports.
>
> gpsd -n -N -D 5 /dev/ttyAMA0 /dev/pps0
>
> yields an attempt to open /dev/pps0 as a GPS device, failing.

Yes, that is normal, it is not a GPS device.  So theserial open should
fail, but, when I coded it last year the PPS thread would continue.

Given other breakage recently noted in the file opening area I can
believe it got broken in the last few months.

There is a recent patch to gpsd-dev to fix some of the breakage.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588