gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Is master supposed to be clean?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Is master supposed to be clean?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:51:28 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 01:55:09 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> The log file is 400K.  Here is the start of the mess:

Sadly, that is EXACTLY what the RTCM3 stream is supposed to look like.

This was discussed earlier this month on gpsd-dev, and in some off-line
discussion I had that should have been on the mailing list..  The line
length is longer than ever seen befoore and some command line tools get
confused.  Skytraq can send sentences almost 500 bytes long and so the
JSON dump can also get big.

scons check on amd64 is all working fne for me.  Wheezy was fine, but
now I see a failure on test/daemon/rtcm3.2.log.

As noted in earlier email, it can not be an endianness problem beacuse
amd64 and armhf are both big endian.  I'm guessing I made a mistake in
32bit/64bit interger lengths.

Lemme go take another look.

RGDS
GARY