gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:29:31 -0700

address@hidden said:
>    Actually,  what I'd have prefered to either would be the GPS breakout
>    with a presoldered header that I could jumper to the Pi myself.

The HAT is pretty close to that.  It has a row of holes connected to all the
signal pins on the 40 pin header.  They are nicely labeled.  It also has the
holes labeled RXD, TXD, and PPS pre-connected to the GPS chip.  If you want
to connect them to something else, you would have to cut the traces between
the hole and the header.  There is a cut-here "part" for the PPS, but nothing
equivalent for RXD and TXD.

It has a 10x16 array of holes for prototyping.  (with a 2x8 cutout for the
camera cable slot)

I think there are 2 more connections to a serial flash chip.  Check the
documentation if it matters.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.