gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS not showing in gpsmon/gpsd on RPi 3

From: Oliver Jowett
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS not showing in gpsmon/gpsd on RPi 3
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 13:15:28 +0100

On 23 April 2016 at 11:28, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:

gpsd:WARN: KPPS:/dev/pps0 kernel PPS unavailable, PPS accuracy will suffer
gpsd:WARN: PPS:/dev/pps0 die: no TIOMCIWAIT, nor RFC2783 CANWAIT

This looks similar to something I saw a while back where the serial driver (a usb-serial driver in my case) did not implement asynchronous notifications of handshake line state changes. So neither kernel PPS nor TIOMCIWAIT worked. (I never did get PPS working in that case)

What's the underlying driver for ttyAMA0 on the Pi 3?

Oliver