gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Stable release plan

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Stable release plan
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 18:02:14 -0400

Here, here!  Another Gentoo “~” user!

In Gentoo you specify unstable by prefixing “~” to the platform (x86, amd64,
arm, etc.) in a config file.

ALL my systems (physical, Pi’s, Edisons, VM’s) run Gentoo unstable, and have
for years.

Gary has explained it VERY well and that’s exactly one of the reasons I use
Gentoo & run unstable.

One quick question for Gary - Do you know the “release process" for Gentoo to
move a package from unstable to stable?  Is it at the discretion of the package
maintainer?

Thanks,
Frank