gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 21:06:18 -0400

On 05/10/2016 08:46 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Mike!

On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:34:35 -0400
Mike <address@hidden> wrote:

Then the systemd distros have something to start with.
I will preface this with I am not using a hat.  My Rpi is a model B.
The gps module is attached to tx, rtx, and gpio18.
Almost there.

Hmm, I see there is already a systemd/ folder in the gpsd tree.
Sadly it is missing the required files default/gpsd and sysconfig/gpsd,
or any documentation.

Maybe make this gpsd-time.service?  Put it in new directory in the
gpsd source called: systemd-time, with README, etc.
Then could you make that a git patch?

I'm not a systemd guy, so you gotta make it easy for me.  :-)

address@hidden:~/gpsd $ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

        Realtime_GPS.kml

nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
address@hidden:~/gpsd $ cd systemd/
address@hidden:~/gpsd/systemd $ ls
address@hidden  gpsd.service  gpsd.socket
address@hidden:~/gpsd/systemd $

I'm not a git guy!  Nor a programmer...

The files are there as listed above, sans the /etc/default/gpsd. I probably just stole that from the Raspbian Jessie gpsd package.

If I had a clue how to make a git patch I'd give it a try...

Mike