gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] timeservice build

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] timeservice build
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:32:43 -0400

On May 17, 2016, at 2:56 PM, Mike <address@hidden> wrote:

scons timeservice=yes nmea0183=yes fixed_port_speed=9600 fixed_stop_bits=1

Am I as a user then responsible for the install of this target?  i.e. copy the necessary files as needed.

If I build it as I listed, then use scons install, I end up with a binary installed that isn't built  with the options I listed above.  Something obvious that I'm missing?

Try this:
scons install -j5 timeservice=yes nmea0183=yes fixed_port_speed=9600 fixed_stop_bits=1

Note the ā€œ-j5" is because Iā€™m using a quad core Raspberry Pi 3.  The ā€œ5" tells scons to build five (5) targets in parallel.  If you are not on a Pi 2 or Pi 3, you might want to leave that part off.