gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 19:54:18 -0400

On May 20, 2016, at 10:10 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:

Regarding this:
Make sure your SD card is right-side-up

I don’t think any SD card (micro or regular size) can be fully inserted upside down.  At least it won’t on any of the readers I have.  I just tested a Raspberry Pi B+ & the micro-SD card cannot be fully inserted upside down.

Are you thinking a user might just barely have the SD card inserted, upside down?  If so, it might be worth mentioning the following:
All Pi’s that use a micro-SD card, except the Pi 3, have a spring loaded micro-SD slot.  If the user does not “feel” the springiness, then the card is either inserted only partially, whether it’s upside down or right side up.  The Pi’s that use a full size SD card & the Pi 3 have slots that are just friction fit.

OR

Just state which direction (up or down) the SD card must be inserted & mention the springiness stuff.

Thanks,
Frank