gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 17:02:27 -0700

address@hidden said:
> No doubt you're right, but I don't think that sort of bug will hit us until
> we change kernels - that is, unpin the image we're using. I'll add such a
> warning then.

Do we need a warning about NOT running apt-get update/upgrade?

>     Better yet, we provide a script, link:ddimage[ddimage], to
>     semi-automate the next step of the process; it's safer to use that,
>     because it performs some sanity checks that should prevent you from
>     scribbling on your disks. If you used clockmaker --build, ddimage will
>     have been downloaded to the directory where that script was run.

That's long before the first mention of clockmaker.

I think you want to change that section to use wget.  (Does wget need to be
installed?)

[blacklisting modules to kill bluetooth and WiFi]
> Is there any reasin this ids better than apt-get remove wpasupplicant?

No good reason.  It's clean and easy to undo.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.