gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 09:31:47 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> [blacklisting modules to kill bluetooth and WiFi]
> > Is there any reasin this ids better than apt-get remove wpasupplicant?
>
> No good reason.  It's clean and easy to undo.

I'm going to stick with the apt-get invocation.  Because it may be relevant
to future discussion, I'll explain why: I think less experienced Linux users are
more comfortable going through the package system than editing kernel config
files directly.

In general, when proposing changes to this HOWTO, try to think about what is
least off the beaten path for a relatively low-skilled user.  Yes, I expect
it to have readers with software engineering ans sysdamin backgrunds, but I'm
also trying to keep it accessible to J. Random Hackerspace Tinkerer who may
not be as strong in these areas.