gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

From: Dan Poirot
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 09:51:58 -0500

Hey Hal,

While we are in it, up to our ears, regarding setup and operation...

Is there a consensus on DDNS? There are a few services which offer 'free
dynamic DNS service':
        http://www.noip.com/
        http://www.xname.org/
        http://freedns.afraid.org/

...and the delightful
        https://www.duckdns.org/

Would it make sense to bake DDNS registration into the recipe and move away
from IP numbers?

Following that train of thought - all the way to the crash site - how about
certificates?
        https://letsencrypt.org/

Baking in certs from the 'reference' free CA may also be a Good Idea, no?

- dan