gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [time-nuts] does anybody have software for the DeLorme LT

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [time-nuts] does anybody have software for the DeLorme LT-20 Earthmate?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:14:25 -0700

Yo walter!

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:07:09 -0700
walter shawlee 2 <address@hidden> wrote:

> ah-ha, it works if you type in the right command, it's *cgps, NOT
> cpgs*.....as you wrote.

Sorry, my mind works  faster than I type.

> interesting, it works from the usb port, no problem,

Funny, except the delorme wiki told you it would.  Ditto the gpsd
supported hardware list.

> I see data
> aplenty, and using 6 satellites.
> hmm, now how can I pipe this data into a mapping program?

gpsd can export to a number of programs, or into may type s raw data
streams/files.

> what is the sleep 30 command for?

To give gpsd time to autodetect the GPS.  If you run the cgps directly
after you run gpsd it may exit if gpsd has not stabilized yet.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588