gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 20:36:24 -0400

On Jun 9, 2016, at 8:27 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

Clockmaker is not even released, much less widely tested.  9600 baud
is the default speed for the Adafruit and Uputronics HATs and as
we are still characterizing those we can not yet know if that is a good
speed for those yet.

I can tell you from experience, that with the Adafruit hat, and the default sentences, 9600 baud is not fast enough.  Some periodic sentences (period > few seconds) will push a cycle past one (1) second.  Even when used with PPS, eventually it will eventually be marked as a false ticker.

When this was my main NTP server on a Pi, I turned off all the sentences, except the ones I wanted, to avoid this issue.

Thanks,
Frank