gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 18:08:02 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 17:29:19 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Can you send me the output of this when it fails:
>
> Not anytime soon.  It's working correctly and I can't predict when it
> will fail.

Luckily we have a hard test case to work on.

But, I have found a way to predict some of these buffer bloats things.
The GPS sends moer data when it sees a lot of sats.  So when gpsd
fails, just run cgps and see if that correlates for you.

> address@hidden said:
> > Well, then not the case at hand.  the current problem is two edges
> > per second, 500 milliSec apart.
>
> How would an extra pulse at 500 ms turn into a 1 second error?

Beats me.  If I already knew I would have coded a way to prevent it.

That is why I'm asking for debug data.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588