gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 01:06:43 -0700

address@hidden said:
>> Mail crossing in the night.  The burst is starting one sentence before the
>> PPS not starting in the middle and overflowing into the following second.
> That's... very weird.  I've never seen it happen.
> It sounds as though for some crazy reason the GPS is delivering the PPS
> pulse late.  I'm hard put to imagine how gpsmon could screw this up.

The PPS pulse is right on.  (I had a scope out.)

It's a Venus chip.  There probably aren't many of them in use with gpsd+ntpd.

There is venus634lp in the test collection, but that only tests the parser,
not timing.  And even if the test package did check timing, the data might
have come from a time when it was working.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.