gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] 'status' field in TPV JSON to include DGPS and RTK solution i

From: Max Schulze
Subject: [gpsd-dev] 'status' field in TPV JSON to include DGPS and RTK solution indicators
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:34:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Gary,

I would have thought at http://www.catb.org/gpsd/gpsd_json.html

> /bin/bash: }par: command not found a long time, then got removed.  When
> people were still using it.  I'm not gonna check the logs to see who or
> when.  Then it got added back because its original purpose was still
> needed, and used, by some.  That tells that the GPS has valid DGPS or
> WAAS corrections in use.

Maybe you could re-introduce it and even expand a bit: when feeding NMEA data
that has been generated by RTKLIB ( RTK DGPS solutions), it would be nice to
have the status flag passed on that is in the GGA message.

So not only to have a status indicating 2=dgps, but the whole range  (
http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm#GGA ) :

     1            Fix quality: 0 = invalid
                               1 = GPS fix (SPS)
                               2 = DGPS fix
                               3 = PPS fix
                               4 = Real Time Kinematic
                               5 = Float RTK
                               6 = estimated (dead reckoning) (2.3 feature)
                               7 = Manual input mode
                               8 = Simulation mode

[Example message to expect on RTK solutions:
$GPGGA,213112.00,5014.2558376,N,00824.0042224,E,5,11,1.0,423.369,M,48.349,M,2.0,*48
 ]

This would be really helpful for processing "down-the-stream", i.e. to keep
gpsd as the universal daemon in-between.

Regards,
Max