gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:03:52 -0700

Yo Nuno!

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:31:44 +0100
Nuno Gonçalves <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >
> >     struct timespec tvc;    /* System time when SHM read, for debug
> > only */
>
> Aren't we saying the same thing? This value is created at the shm
> client side, so, when it is sampled and printed.

CNo that is on gpsd server side.

> This value keep
> changing if gpsd is killed. I guess you don't at this code for a big
> big while...

That is a different bug.  I did not get that far down.  I have this old
fashioned notion to only look at the 'first failure'.  I could give
a two hour standup on FF, but for our purposes, it is enough to know
that I stick to that rule of thumb.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588