gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 19:12:05 -0700

Yo Nuno!

I just uploaded a fix for the problem.  And removed the problematic
'cycle' variable.

ntpshmmon now outputs only when a segment changed the tvr and tvr.

The results show how flakey the usleep() function is...

Give it a shot and see how it works for you.

Next is to add an option to only print 'weird' values.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 14:30:11 +0100
Nuno Gonçalves <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >> Aren't we saying the same thing? This value is created at the shm
> >> client side, so, when it is sampled and printed.
> >
> > CNo that is on gpsd server side.
>
> ntpshmmon.c gets it from enum segstat_t status = ntp_read(segments[i],
> &shm_stat, false);.
> ntp_read() is at ntpshmread.c and gets it from
> clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &shm_stat->tvc);.
>
> Dos this look to come from gpsd?
>
> I don't see any other bug related to the problem I reported. I'm sure
> there are, but they don't seem to have any effects at this specific
> problem...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588