gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 02:18:19 -0700

address@hidden said:
> OTOH, if we could figure out how fast ntpd polls the SHms, we could use that
> as a guide to how fast ntpshmmon needs to check.

ntpd checks once a second.

But I don't think that tells you how fast ntpshmmon should check.

My view is ntpshmmon should poll fast so you can see what gpsd is doing.  It
might help to have another column which is the number of this event type this
second.

------

address@hidden said:
> Next is to add an option to only print 'weird' values.

If you do that, it would probably help to buffer several previous events so
you can print them when you find a weird one, and then print several
following events.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.