gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Skytraq Venus 6 config, Was: ✘Patch queue is empty?

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Skytraq Venus 6 config, Was: ✘Patch queue is empty?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 15:20:19 -0400

Gary,

Here is a partial reply, other stuff may deserve a thread of it's own.

On 07/19/2016 02:08 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Mike!

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 09:10:18 -0400
Mike <address@hidden> wrote:

What is the exact command that works for you?  That could be added
to the gpsd venus init string.
From this heading in the pdf that you referenced.
CONFIGURE NMEA MESSAGE – Configure NMEA message int
erval (0x8)

These values look to me to be the default.

  #0 ~255, 0:disable
  #GGA 01
  #GSA 01
  #GSV 01
  #GLL 00
  #RMC 01 -- 255 appears to be what sets NMEA response to top of second...
  #VTG 00
  #ZDA 00
  #Attributes 0x00, 0x01 -- sram, or sram/flash

The "-- 255 appears.." comment is from my notes, sending the string that follows will indeed change the output to send very close to the top of second. I see no way to check/query these values, only set them. The command does ACK properly. I would note that you need to save this to flash for the device to use it right away, it does appear to do a hot restart after the ACK.

\xa0\xa1\x00\t\x08\x01\x01\x01\x00\xff\x00\x00\x01\xf7\r\n

IN the Windows program, I see "Set GPS Measurement Mode" and you set it
to "Sync to UTC Second when UTC Fix"

The message their Windows software sends is:

     a0 a1 00 03 3e 01 01 3d 0a 0d

RGDS
GARY
Yes, that looks to be what I used when I had it hooked up to a Windows box. I never captured/saw exactly what command was sent though. At this point I'm choosing to not go back to the Windows only route...

I'll try that command later and see what results I get.

Mike