gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Skytraq Venus 6 config, Was: ✘Patch queue is empty?

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Skytraq Venus 6 config, Was: ✘Patch queue is empty?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:08:11 -0400

On 07/19/2016 02:08 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Mike!

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 09:10:18 -0400
Mike <address@hidden> wrote:

I searched for quite some time looking for a way using something
other than Windows to configure this module.
Here is the only real attempt that I found.

_https://github.com/r0ro/skytraq
Someone that cares should roll the few important parts into gpsctl.

On my list, but not very high up.
Probably not surprising I'm rather confused here! Should gpsctl see that I have a Skytraq device? All I can ever get it to show is:

/dev/ttyAMA0 identified as a NMEA0183 at 38400 baud.

That was the end of output from this command.
./gpsctl -D9 -t Skytraq /dev/ttyAMA0

I see now indication looking through the output that gpsctl even tried to identify a Skytraq device.

Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Mike