gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings on 32 bit Fedora 24

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings on 32 bit Fedora 24
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:39:45 -0700

> Got an idea for a patch?

Nope.

I don't understand the left shift stuff.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it
and fixed it.

Fixing the indent warning is above my pay grade.  The code is clearly bogus
on my screen.  It has a mix of tabs and spaces.  It really needs attention
from somebody like Eric who can issue an edict and/or run a program that will
clean up the current code base.  It would be good to run a cleanup/check
program as part of the release procedure.

--------

There is another mess in this area.  Why is scons rebuilding a lot of stuff
when I install?

My work flow is to do a git pull on one machine then rsync the bits without
the git overhead to various other systems.  At one point, I thought scons was
rebuilding stuff to get the current version that it couldn't get from git.
But it looks like it's rebuilding a lot more than that.  Mumble.  I haven't
looked carefully recently.

Am I being unreasonable when I expect scons install to not rebuild anything
if I have already done a build and check?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.