gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Bogus rebuilds from scons

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Bogus rebuilds from scons
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 15:51:04 -0700

More poking around...

address@hidden said:
> I think I's seen that as well, but didn't investigate.  Though scons does
> have a "tell me why you're rebuilding these things" option.

Thanks.

scons --debug=explain is the magic.

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: rebuilding `libgps.so.23.0.0' because the contents of the build action
changed
               action: SharedFlagChecker(target, source, env)
                       VersionedSharedLibrary(target, source, env)
g++ -o libgps.so.23.0.0 -pthread -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic
-Wl,-soname=libgps.so.23 ais_json.os bits.os clock_gettime.os daemon.os
gpsutils.os gpsdclient.os gps_maskdump.os hex.os json.os libgps_core.os
libgps_dbus.os libgps_json.os libgps_shm.os libgps_sock.os netlib.os
ntpshmread.os rtcm2_json.os rtcm3_json.os shared_json.os strl.os libgpsmm.os
-L. -lrt -ldbus-1 -ldbus-1 -lrt

I don't know what that is trying to tell me.

--------

On the install mess...

It's full of things like:
scons: rebuilding `sd_socket.o' because:
           `/usr/lib/ccache/gcc' is no longer a dependency
           `/bin/gcc' is a new dependency

I'm not sure how to fix that.  I have a script which seems like the right
place to fix the search path, but that script runs on various platforms which
may or may not have ccache available or installed.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.