gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd/ntpd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd/ntpd
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:11:52 -0700

Yo Henning!

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 15:01:14 +0000
Henning Hakonsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> The file is the same after reboot, ntpd is just not using that file
> for some reason.

So I'm still not sure your exact symptoms.  Do you need to
edit the ntp.conf after restart, or just restart ntpd after a reboot?

It would help some if you tell us your OS, and versions of gpsd and ntpd.
Are you using NTP Classic, or NTPsec?

Are you booting with dhcp client, or statis address?

> I could probably make a script which edits the file and restarts
> ntpd, but that is not what we really want to...

Yeah, that seems weird, but a lot of OS have bad scripts to start
gpsd and ntpd.  Very common to have to throw them away and do your
own.