gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Lots of warnings

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Lots of warnings
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 09:52:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016, Hal Murray wrote:

> I thought gpsd was pretty clean, but I guess nobody has been looking
> carefully.
[...]

Part of the problem is that newer compiler versions often add new
warnings, so sometimes something that used to build clean no longer does
so.  I'm a big fan of getting rid of warnings (unlike a lot of people in
the FOSS community), especially since they occasionally uncover real
bugs, but it can take real work to keep up.

Fred Wright