gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] ✘FreeBSD works, still daemon() to replace.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] ✘FreeBSD works, still daemon() to replace.
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 19:40:39 -0700

Yo All!

I just pushed a few updates to fix gpsd on FreeBSD.  There are
now no warnings or errors on Linux and FreeBSD.

There is still one warning on OS X, about daemon() being deprecated.

gpsd.c:2001:6: warning: 'daemon' is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.5 -
Use posix_spawn APIs instead. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        if (daemon(0, 0) != 0)

I see daemon() is a BSD-ism, not in POSIX.  So posix_spawn() seems like
a reasonable option.  OS X does not complain about fork() and that
would seem to be an easier option.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

RGDS
GARY