gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 18:11:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 17:16:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Sending as attachments as requested.
>
> You are write except for the 's'.  One attachment per email is nicer so
> people can comment on each one.

OK, though depending on the email client, commenting on patches sent as
attachments may not work very easily, anyway.  What's the motivation for
switching to attachments, other than in cases where it's necessary for
transparency?  It's certainly more work on the sending side, since it's
not compatible with "git send-email".

> [0001-Removes-obsolete-ppscheck-references-from-contrib-SC.patch
>
> I did not even realize contrib had an SContruct.  Could you add a note

ls is your friend. :-)

> in the contrib/README about what it does?

Other than the comment that's already in the SConstruct itself?  It
appears that the README is philosophically talking just about programs.

> [0001-Removes-obsolete-ppscheck-references-from-contrib-SC.patch
>

> I did change your text a tad:
>
> +# Note that ../gpsd_config.h is required and is not built automatically
>
> to:
>
> +# Note that ../gpsd_config.h is required and is built separately
>
> It is build automatically, just not built by this SConstruct

Yeah, though given that the comment was *in* this SConstruct, I thought
that was clear. :-) The main motivation was to explain why someone might
get build failures when running this SConstruct from a "clean" state.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 17:16:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > [0002-Adds-missing-includes-to-contrib-programs.patch
>
> Applied.  I'll push soon.
>
> Maybe the mster scons, should also build contrib/SContruct?

Oh, no.  The build procedure for the supported stuff shouldn't contain any
dependencies on the unsupported stuff.  And it's understood that anything
in contrib/ might have some rough edges.

Fred Wright