gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 13:01:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016, Hal Murray wrote:
> address@hidden said:
> > OK, I found an example of line wrap in the archives, and also confirmed that
> > there was no line wrap in the copy CCed to myself, so it appears to be a
> > listserver issue.  How about if I CC you or BCC you in the sends, so that
> > you get unadulterated copies bypassing the listserver?  That's a bit of a
> > kludge, but since you're the only one with commit access who isn't more or
> > less MIA...
>
> That means that other people won't be able to check patches even if they
> can't commit.

I said "CC or BCC", which means sending directly *in addition to*, not
*instead of*, sending to the list.

BTW, note that patches made by people with commit access never appear on
this list.

> I generally dislike attachments, but this is one of the times where I think
> they are worth the hassle.

If actually necessary, yes, but that hasn't yet been conclusively
established.

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016, Paul Fertser wrote:

> So inline patches are perfectly fine, every subscribed person should
> be able to apply them without any problems, those unsubscribed can
> download the archive mailbox format and then proceed with applying as
> well. For easier tracking of pending patches a system like Patchwork
> can be configured.

I'm just responding to Gary's complaint about garbling.

I don't get to see copies of my own patches as directly forwarded, since
git send-email is configured to CC them to myself and the listserver
dedups self-CCed messages.

Fred Wright