gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Inline patches (was: Re: Five More patches)

From: Paul Fertser
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Inline patches (was: Re: Five More patches)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:58:14 +0300

Hey Gary,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 07:44:34PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:34:56 +0300
> Paul Fertser <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > So inline patches are perfectly fine, every subscribed person should
> > be able to apply them without any problems,
>
> All I can do is repeat: has not worked for me.

I am reasonably sure you were doing something wrong in the process of
applying. E.g. if you were copy-pasting them from MUA, that's
wrong. In something like Mutt one simply presses "|" and types "git
am". In something like Thunderbird one is supposed to save a message
or several messages in mbox (or Maildir) format and use git am on the
resulting files.

For the Claws Mail specifically I've found these instructions:

http://blog.elastocloud.org/2013/11/applying-git-patches-in-bulk-from-claws.html

HTH
mailto:address@hidden