gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] ✘ Unchanging lat/lon/alt/time error estimat

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] ✘ Unchanging lat/lon/alt/time error estimates
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:20:09 -0800

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:34:25 -0800
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> From Jeff's message a month ago:
>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2016-10/msg00010.html
>
> > I'm now setting up a new RPi 3 to replace it.  I installed gpsd
> > version 3.16, built from source. Same GPS unit (Adafruit Ultimate
> > GPS module).  My application uses libgps, and everything seems to
> > work fine except that the values in gps_data->fix.epx and
> > gps_data->fix.epy never change.  I use those values to display an
> > accuracy ellipse on a map, which is important for my application.
>
> How come the test stuff didn't catch that?

Because some people just rebuilt the regressions after a bad change and
do not go back and eyeball the changed results for correctness.

Also,,, most of the regressions are short snippets and to see this
problem you need maybe a few minutes of data with a changing skyview.

If you care a quick look in the git log will show who to blame.  I'm sure
you can find where I have made that mistake too.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588